Who we are
Pi Labs is the most active proptech VC in Europe. We are a leader within our investment niche – predominantly focusing on pre-seed and seed stage investments in the proptech space in the UK and Europe, with the flexibility to invest internationally. Since our inception in 2014 we have backed 45 inspiring companies and we are growing that number as we speak. Our management team comes from 6 different nationalities and a variety of backgrounds and we highly value diverse perspectives.
We are now looking for a new investment manager to join our team and help us grow and to build on our existing track record.
What we believe
We believe in bold founders and ideas that will create a better world in which we live. We’re not afraid to back founders’ ground-breaking work at its inception, by providing funding, network and strategic support. Our vision is to invest, mentor and accelerate high-calibre proptech start-ups, particularly those with the passion and ability to build scalable businesses which will disrupt the property industry or make it far more efficient and transparent. While the commercial performance and inherent scalability of each venture is important, we also consider their capacity to address social problems facing the world today.
We’ve worked hard to build an ambitious and friendly environment, where people love coming into work each day. We’re proud of that culture and would expect the successful candidate to share our values of diversity, boldness and integrity. This role will play a key part, in collaboration with our existing team, to take the Pi Labs platform to the next level and establish its global leadership position within proptech by increasing investments & fund size.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Originating and vetting new deals.
- Leading full commercial and financial due diligence and co-leading on deal negotiation and execution.
- Independently writing investment papers and presenting to investment committee.
- Assisting in portfolio management.
- Providing support to management teams of portfolio companies, with an opportunity to sit on the boards as the role progresses.
You would be great for the role if you can demonstrate:
- Active interest in technology and early stage start-ups.
- At least two years of experience of investing in pre-seed, seed and/or Series A tech companies.
- Commercial acumen and ability to make a commercial case for investments to the IC.
- Strong financial modelling skills and rigorous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communicated English, allowing you the ability to write, present, and articulate flawlessly.
What we offer:
- Unique opportunity to own and lead the investment process in the growing field of proptech.
- Autonomy and flexibility in how you organise your work.
- Ability to influence the overall investment strategy of the fund.
- Opportunity to grow and develop as an investment professional and a board member for early stage startups.
- Fun and relaxed working environment.
- You will work as a part of a diverse and open-minded core team and alongside the talented entrepreneurs in our portfolio.
- Competitive remuneration as well as percentage in the fund’s carried interest.
How to apply:
If this sounds like your type of challenge and you’d like to be considered for the role, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your CV.
- A very short description of an early stage startup (in any field) that you would consider to be an interesting investment opportunity. Tell us who they are, what they do and why you would give them your investors’ money. You get bonus points if we haven’t heard of the company before.
- A very short description of why you’d like to join us and what would be the most important thing in this role for you.
We look forward to meeting you!